- August 29-31, 2019
Every year, the THRMOA Conference is considered the highlight of the Society’s year for members and non-members alike. Usually taking place between September and November, our annual conference brings our members together over 3 days to discuss, listen and learn from each other and our amazing speakers. Specific information about venue, dates and the programme will be sent to members and published here in the second quarter of the year.
Previous speakers have included:
- Her Honour, Dame Sian Elias, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court;
- His Honour Justice Joe Williams, First Māori Court of Appeal Justice;
- Justices and Judges of the high Court, Māori Land Court, and District Court;
- Una Jagose, Solicitor General;
- Esteemed academics;
- Members of Parliament;
- Distinguished members of the profession; and
- Our outstanding members.
The location of our conference changes every year. Previous locations include:
- Rotorua (30th celebration), 2018
- South Auckland, 2017
- Queenstown, 2016
- Waitangi, 2015
- Tauranga, 2014
- No conference, 2013
- Waikato (World Indigenous Lawyers’ Conference), 2012
- Waikato, 2011
- Wellington, 2010
- Waitara, Taranaki, 2009
- Rotorua, 1988
August 29-31, 2019 Hui-ā-Tau
We are excited to have next year’s Hui-ā-Tau in Te Whanganui-ā-Tara (Wellington).
Expressions of interest for speakers and presenters are currently available, with the theme and programme details to be announced shortly. Make sure you keep an eye out on your emails for our early-bird tickets, coming soon!