Kia ora and welcome to our exclusive members-only area.
Hui-ā-Tau 2021, Ōtautahi, 1-3 July 2021
Stay tuned for details, registrations open in early April.
Te Hunga Rōia Māori o Aotearoa’s very first virtual conference is happening on Saturday 29th August.
9:00 Mihi whakatau
Keynote address – Rahui Papa
10:30 Kaupapa Māori Moot Competition (national final)
12:30 Lunch break
1:30 Panel speakers – Tikanga Māori and the Peter Ellis Case
4:15 Keynote address
5:15 Closing address and moot competition results announced
We will keep updating the details of our speakers as they are confirmed, so keep checking back on our website over the coming weeks.
The online Zui will be free of charge for members to attend, with a small cost payable by non-members. Attendance at the Zui-ā-Tau will equate to 5 CPD hours.
Documents relating to the AGM:
Thank you to all those who attended Hui-ā-Tau 2019!
You can check out some pictures in the links below.
2018 30th Hui-a-Tau “teaser” videos
2018 30th Hui-a-Tau Keynote Speech videos
- Justice Joe Williams – Opening Keynote Speech (57 minutes)
- “Originals” Panel (42 minutes)
- Sacha McMeeking – Keynote Speech (59 minutes)
- Una Jagose QC – Keynote Speech (43 minutes)
- Wahine Plenary Session (52 minutes)
The history of Te Hunga Rōia Māori o Aotearoa, by John Chadwick, Life Member
We are pleased to be able to share exclusively with our members, the journey of our Hunga, as recorded by the late John Chadwick – inaugural Tumuaki, Life Member and loving husband, father and mentor. Please click here to read our story, in his own words.
Previous Hui-a-Tau Keynote Speeches (shared with the MRL’s permission)
- Transcripts of 2015 Hui-a-Tau Keynote Speeches – (2015) October Māori LR
- Transcripts of 2018 Hui-a-Tau Keynote Speeches – (2018) November Māori LR
Previous public speeches of our Tumuaki, on behalf of the Hunga
- Speech of Tumuaki Glenn Tootill for Judge Wara’s swearing in ceremony, March 2019
- Speech of Tumuaki Marcia Murray for Judge Stone’s swearing in ceremony, March 2019
Our Executive meeting minutes
- Minutes of Executive meeting 28 February 2019
- Minutes of Executive meeting 9 February 2019
- Minutes of Executive meeting 14 November 2018